Wednesday 2 January 2013

On the 9th day of Christmas part 1

Christmas 2012 was the fourth year I have had the priviledge of participating in a 12 days of Christmas swap with some very talented artists.

I was kept very busy for several weeks in October and November creating my 12 gifts for the swap. This year I made little cards of handmade buttons, parcelled up in decorated boxes.

The boxes are little papier mache ones. The lids were embossed with various types of fruit which I wasn't keen on so I started by spreading on a thick layer of molding paste to disguise this. I then painted a couple of coats of white acylic. once dry I applied clear Croco to a few areas. Once this had dried and cracked I rubbed Distress Ink into the gaps and finished off with pools of Diamond Glaze sprinkled with glitter.
 
Here are a sample of the buttons I made. Each box had four cards - one of resin buttons created in a mold, one of polymer clay square buttons, one of shirnk plastic flowers (coloured with alcohol ink and Brilliance Ink) and one large molded clay button.
Any one any ideas what to do with a large batch of shrink plastic flowers with no holes made without sufficient attention!


I made a little stamped gift card for each parcel.

And tied them all up with sparkling cord.
 
This year twelve of us participated so I got one of my own parcels back and for the other days of Christmas I received:
 
A gleaming textured canvas from Annie.
 

Two little books from Pattie and Wendy respectively.



 Three brooches from Adrienne, Jean and Mary.




No comments:

Post a Comment