Sunday 9 February 2014

Warning - very shiny

Anyone who has visited my blog before will know that photography (and electronic things) are not my forte. I struggled to take pictures of these gold and silver tags - the pictures don't show the background detail at all well.
 
This first picture is of what I thought of as the back - mainly because it is flat. I used ribbed silver pearlescent card as the base. First I stamped music with versamark and applied pearl powders. Then I stencilled with Flitter Glue and applied gilding flakes in a mixture f gold and silver. I used a die cut to stamp with versamark down the right hand side and embossed with glittery embossing powder. And finally rubbed Treasure Gold round the edges.
 
Well is you're going to do bling you have to do it properly!
 
 
The front of the tag is cut from gold Mirri board. I have stamped Christmas script (a Crafty Individuals stamp) with Brilliance Gold ink on top and heat set it to get a matte contrast. This is toped with a die cut, some spangly ribbon and some sequins for maximum sparkle. This was the December, Christmas swap after all.


So next time is 12 days of Christmas and then properly on to 2014.

1 comment: