Sunday 2 March 2014

An unseasonal swap

My first swap of 2014 had the theme "Frozen" which for February would normally be quite appropriate. This year though the weather just seems to have been endlessly wet but not extermely cold (I suppose I'd best add so far - I'm sure there is still time for snow in Yorkshire!).

We were swapping sets of 3 ATCs. I started out with a Gelli Plate background in shades of icy blue and lilac. For the first of my ATCs I used a sheet of crumpled fusible film on top for a lovely shiny icy top layer with little pieces of mica trapped inside to catch the light even more.

 
The second ATC uses some of the same background print as the base. On top this time I have used Croco paint and embedded into it on the left hand side some magic mesh and a sprinkle of glitter. This one has a properly hard texture to it just like ice/

 
And then for the final ATC I went a bit off at a tangent. Instead of sticking to the background paper I used the baby wipe I had cleaned my Gelli plate with as the base and embellished on top with angelina and other fibres including scraps of muslin coloured with Dylusions spray. It fits the colour scheme nicely and has pretty sparkle like frost but I have to say the texture doesn't seem the least bit frozen - I suppose thinking laterally it is rather like a woolly scarf you might wear in the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment