Things have been hectic at work and we're now in the A level season too so I seem to be permanently stressed to the point where in any free moments I just sit, somehow devoid of creativity.
Fortunately the lovely swap group I belong to keep me ticking over without realising it. Their monthly swaps are always based around a particular theme or technique which I find enormously useful as a prompt to get me started.
Each month this year we are swapping gelli plate post cards. The May technique was to make a texture plate for printing. I haven't done this before, which I confess is simply laziness because it is much quicker and easier to grab pre-exisitng items. However, having given it a shot I may well experiment again.
Keeping it simple, I used a sheet of corrugated card as the base. I ruled out a grid on the reverse and then cut out random large and small squares. I stuck the correucget card onto another sheet of card as a base and then stuck the small cut out squares in to the large square holes with the corrugation (is that a word?) at right angles to the main piece.
I overlaid two prints using my texture plate. One in purple and one in red, rotating the plate 180 degrees between prints. The post card is finished off with a swirly pattern heat embossed with sprakly black powder.
In May we also swapped "the new white". This was along the same lines as the new black of a previous post but with white as the base colour. I don't like it as much as the black though because the metallic/mica colours don't pop in the same way and the result is not bold enough for my taste.There are a lot of die cuts on here, some Finnabair embellies and some junk - spot the ring pulls off tins and cans! I have two shoe boxes full of such rubbish (literally) just waiting for inspiration to strike. Please call back to see whether I get creative or simply start filling box number three.