Sunday 14 June 2015

Watch the Birdie

I'm really excited about a June swap I'm doing. We are creating tall skinny book pages with a bird theme. Each of us is making nine pages, one for each participant. Nothing particularly special about that except that we have a new swapper joining in - the 11 year old grand daughter of one of the organisers. I find it really refreshing to see what other people's take on a theme and especially children who always seem free of the "rules" about how to use products and come up with amazing ideas.

My pages all have the same theme on each side although the colour palette varies from page to page because I have been using up backgrounds from the enormous stack I have. This side is a gelli print background with added texture and some subtle gilding.


And the reverse is a Dylusions spray background with some overstamping. The bird is white embossed and a bit sparkly. The body has been bleached out.

Can't wait to see the completed book with nine very individual pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment