Monday 21 May 2012

Oops, I did it again!

Now sometimes simple is best. I have lots of stamps with a Venice theme - I love the place - and some Rome ones too although I've yet to go there (too hot for me in the summer holidays). Just basic stamping and direct to paper with distress ink here for the front of my I themed post card.



And on the reverse by way of contrast lots of chunky glitter, Croco paint and some Diamond Glaze (to stop it all cracking and falling off) to get a cold and icy effect.                                 



And now to the oops I did it again part... Didn't I say I wasn't going to buy anything new? A set of London themed stamps just fell into my shopping basket, honest Guv. And a good job too - they were just the thing for some background stamping on this red, white and blue extravaganza of all things beginning with J.
Lots of fun with a bit of everything - improvised as I went along just like jazz. The background has sheet music, string, die cut letters and paper towel (oops got a bit stuck in the gesso by accident but never mind). Ink and paint splattered on top in characteristic uncontrolled combinations of colour.



No comments:

Post a Comment