Friday 13 March 2015

And they all lived together in a little crooked house

One of our March swaps was to create a scrappy house. The inspiration came from here. Those houses were quite large and made of wood and other scrap. Because we swap by post our houses had to be scaled down in size and weight to fit in an envelope with what I call a "fat" stamp but is moe properly a "large letter" stamp.

The main background is another ghost print from my gelli plate. I used the same paint to colour some coorugated cardboard for the roof. I think I have said (many times) that I never throw anything out - well here's the evidence... the door is constructed from miniature planks cut from stirring sticks collected when I drink frothy coffees.

The windows are cut from painted funky foam glazed with glossy accents.

I think it is rather fun and a change from ATCs and postcards.


No comments:

Post a Comment