Saturday 16 February 2013

February swaps

This month I joined a swap to make three ATCs using text as the base. Now I use old book pages and old music score in a lot of my projects but you wouldn't always know, as by the time I've added paint and ink and other stuff, it is usually well covered up. In this instance though I wanted the text to show through - evidence I suppose that I had followed the instruction.
 
In my usual experimental way I painted ModPodge over the text to seal it and then used alcohol inks to add transparent colour. Probably not a recognised combination and for a reason. The ModPodge becomes a bit tacky when you apply the alcohol ink. It dries fine in the end but my felt kept sticking to the surface as I dabbed.
 
I then stamped circles and dots (using a Paper Artsy mini) and filled some of them in with a white gel pen. With the lighter mornings and Spring (briefly at the time) in the air I chose borders and flowers in bright colours to contrast. The paper was coloured with Dylusions ink sprays prior to stamping and punching. 
 

So well into month 2 of the year and I'm still upto date with everything. Visit again soon to see how long it lasts!

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, I remember that reaction - spent ages layering "stuff" - in the end it all just peeled off the canvas and I had to start again!!!

    Your ATC's look fabulous and well worth the effort too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete