I'm pleased to say that is not the case. I am still ahead, although just a week early for the March tag swap deadline, and I have already made a start on some April things in my efforts to keep up the good work.
You might not think it but I don't like being late with things (that film with John Cleese called Clockwise could so easily have been about me) so building in a bit of just in case time when I can is a good thing.
So here are my amethyst tags. We were allowed to use a little bit of silver, gold or white but as you might just be able to tell a smidge of turquoise sneaked into some of my backgrounds because I am a messy worker and don't clean my gelli plate.
The fronts are gelli print backgrounds with a layer of Rock Candy over the top to get a nice crystalline effect in keeping with the amethyst theme. For contrast I have added matt leaves cut from book pages and sprayed with Dylusions ink, and some velvety flowers with a bit of glitz.
The reverse sides are covered with layers of patterned paper, overstamped with Dusty Concord Distress ink and Picket Fence Distress Stains. On the left hand side I have added a die cut embellishment cut from glossy card coloured with alcohol ink.
I have to say working in just one colour is very challenging. The temptation to add a bit of contrast is hard to resit and I find I keep adding more and more in the hope of somehow achieving that missing something without success. And if you think these are a bit messy and frantic wait until you see the travesty I made with orange as the colour theme for April. Not my finest hour but I'm sure I must at least have learned something from the experience.
Thanks for taking time to look.