As usual I am starting out filled with good intentions to be crafy and blog more regularly whatever setbacks come my way this year.
Fortunately I have a few of last years tag swaps and the annual 12 Days of Christmas extravaganza to share with you so I should manage to keep going for the next few weeks whilst we get back to normal routines.
And casting my mind back, September's coloured tag swap was red with a touch of green which I approached with some trepidation. It is not a combination I find easy except for Christmassy things and it took quite a lot of messing about before I was even vaguely happy with the results.
I started out with bright red (scarlet) corrugated card. You can just see bits of the original colour peeping through. I ran it through an embossing folder first and then heat embossed the ridges with Versamark and clear embossing powder. The result was too red so I rubbed some cranberry coloured paint into the crevices (see what I mean about Christmassy). I think it then ended up too pink but it was too late to go back. I added a bit of pistachio green paint in places to match with the flower embellishments. The large green flower was die cut from scrap card and coloured with spray ink. The red flower started life white and was also sprayed with ink. The middle is a sequin.
Whilst I had the spray inks in my hand I used a stencil to make background paper for the reverse of the tag. I think there is a flourish and a script stencil in there somewhere. On top I layered some hand made (not by me I have to admit) papers and a die cut in the hope that flowers would make it lass Christmas like.