Last year (during my blog black out) I took part in an art swap where we made odd sized art. Essentially this was like making and swapping ATCs except that the size of our "canvas" was roughly a sixth of an A4 sheet - to fit into a ring binder wallet with six pockets.
Once we had all filled six spaces with swapped work we realised that another six pieces were required to display through the backs of the pockets so we are making more to swap in January and February in two sets of three.
Here I have made two using gel medium to transfer images on to a sprayed walnut ink background. I did make a third (well the first try actually) that went a lot wrong.
As a result I used some more of the background and old sewing patterns to make the third and a reserve just in case.
In 2012 we are also doing a monthly postcard swap with an alphabetical theme. For January we are making two double sided cards themed on A and B. I'm hoping, though it hasn't been mentioned yet, that when we get to the tricky ones like X,Y and Z we only need do one side! That way we should get all letters done in 2 months too.
Here is my ecclectic mix of things inspired by A and B. First a mixed media abstract - does what it says on the tin.
And on the reverse some good old fashioned plain stamping.
And for B a some ink blots and collage elements.
And more collage on the reverse with some stamping thrown in.