Friday 10 May 2013

Inspired by Dyan

One of the swaps I am doing in May is to make an item using colourwash spray. Eagle eyed readers will no doubt have noticed that I use spray inks in quite a lot of the things I make. I love how quickly I can create a background using sprays and I enjoy the messy unpredictability - speaking for myself here, I'm sure others make perfectly planned, neat effects with their sprays.

So to cut out a great deal of umming and aahing over what to make I decided to go all out with sprays and nothing else. Inspired by a great class that Dyan at Art from the Heart ran a while back I decided to make a journal where every part was coloured using sprays.

I used sheets of watercolour paper as the base and sprayed Dylusions inks through a variety of stencils to create colourful pages.

 
The pages are folded in half and then stuck back to back to create the book. The spine is covered with a piece of sticky backed canvas. The ribbon tie and ric-rac braid are coloured using spray ink too. I nearly always buy white and colour it myself in this way.
 
Here are pictures of the finished book: Closed...
 
 
 
....and standing open.

 
I just hope my swap partner likes bright colours and journalling.

No comments:

Post a Comment