Friday, 17 May 2013

More inchies

I knew I would eventually get round to using some of the many Gelli print backgrounds I made. I'm going to have to make an awful lot of inchies though to get through the ream of A4 sheets!

The challenge for this swap was to cover a 6" by 4" postcard with inchies using a maximum of three colours. I've chosen blue, green and turquoise which counts as three even if I've used lots of different shades doesn't it?

So armed with a mountain of coloured backgrounds I punched out squares with interesting bits of pattern on them. I then either stamped an image or glued an embillishment on to each one before assembling the postcard.

In my usual fashion this involved colouring some bits and pieces to fit the theme: spray ink on the fabric flower, Brilliance ink heat set on the heart shaped button and alcohol ink and StaZon on the giant brad.

I couldn't resist a bit of doodling with gel pen and the odd bit of Stickles glitz to finish.

I haven't made a lot of inchies before and have found working on such a tiny scale quite hard. I'm really looking forward to seeing what my swap partner has made for me - hoping to get lots of good ideas and inspiration for tiny projects in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember how I stumbled up your blog, but I'm so glad that I did. Your work is fabulous! I'm your newest follower. :)